Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Monday, May 5, 2014

Zone Leaders Business

Well, my mind went blank right when I am about to write, let's see what happened this week? Had District meeting which was good as usual, talked about using the Book of Mormon in our teaching and all that good stuff. I believe Wednesday I ate something that did not agree with my stomach and was sick the rest of the evening which was a bummer but recovered the next day.

Thursday, Elder Eiselin and I went around the Zone checking all the missionaries living quarters making sure it was clean and that they had a CO and Smoke Detector. So we did a lot of traveling that day. We also did a few hours exchanges in Lolo while we were there. I was with Elder Skousen, who is a great nephew of Kleon Skousen. Pretty cool huh? Anyway, during that 2 hours exchange we were able to help them find 2 solid potential investigators which is a miracle for them as they have been striving to find people to teach. They are both exceptional missionaries and they will do great things in Lolo. In fact, we have a really great Zone with great missionaries. It is not very often when you get all the missionaries in a Zone who are all very obedient and hard working, which is a great blessing!

We have several people here in Corvallis on date that are not from Pinedale, but unfortunately I can't teach them. :(  Since Elder Eiselin (ZL) and Elder Alston (DL) have taught them and so if I teach them we would have to have the Zone Leaders in Missoula do the Baptismal Interview, so we are keeping me from teaching them so I can do the interview. We are going to have two baptisms the next two weeks, so we hope it will happen.

Lets see, I guess I will talk a little bit about my companion, Elder Eiselin. If you didn't notice all ready, he was in the March Ensign 2014 in "Inviting Success" with a short story of his conversion story in "Talk to the Tech" with his picture of him and his Fiancee! That's right, he is engaged! Well, he's been engaged just about his whole mission, they already got a sealer picked out in the Gilbert, AZ Temple for September. Elder Eiselin goes home 6 weeks after I do. In fact I was there when he first came out in the mission where he started in Missoula. We have good memories then. Anyway, thought you would like to know that.

We are currently planning for another Zone Leaders Training for May 14th. We believe it will be a good meeting.

Well, that is all I can think of right now. Have a great week!

Elder Ashcroft

P.S. I forgot to mention in my email, I am not looking forward to the blazing heat! It has been really nice weather here lately, in the 70's or late 60's. Wish it could be like that year round. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment