Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas with the Checketts


Well, it was nice to be able to Skype home on Christmas. Christmas was nice, Elder Orr and I spent Christmas with our Branch President and his family, the Checketts. We spent 3 hours helping them put up their new air hockey table. I love all their kids. Their oldest is a freshman and their youngest is 3 years old and they have 5 kids. I really enjoyed spending Christmas with them. Last Monday we spent our P-day with the Severe family. They are a really cool family. We spent some time helping Bro. Severe with his cattle for an hour. He has a ton of cows! I'm guessing 3-5,000 cows. Then we played basketball with them. Not much happened this week. Elder Orr and I delivered 150 christmas cards  from the branch to less actives. That took awhile to do, but it gave us something to do.

On Saturday we went to Stage Stop to help Bert and Ruth to help set up and decorate their dance floor for the New Years Party. So we ended up eating at Stage Stop for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, all for free since we helped them decorate. I never know what Bert's going to make me but it is always good and he hasn't disappointed me yet. Well, I don't have much else to write about, since not much has really happened since everybody is out of town. Have a great week!

Elder Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment