Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Monday, July 15, 2013

Explosion in New Investigators


This has been a very good week with some bad things as well, but I'll focus on the good. I just love going on exchanges with the Ward! So I  will start on Wednesday we had Elder Wilson with us all day who is a Visa Waiter waiting to go to Brazil. He is normally with the Zone Leaders but we had him for a day. Anyway, all our appointments fell through that day and we couldn't find our referrals. Ok, here comes the good part, we went on exchanges with 4th ward! We basically had a gigantic exchange. We had our ward mission leader, Bro. Schlecht, two of our new sister ward missionaries, one of them has a call to go to Phillipines. Then we had two members from the Elders Quorum. Anyway, Elder Gunnerson went with Bro. Schlecht and the two sisters and saw Leah and taught some commandments and she said that she prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if this is the true church and she said she received an answer and said she new it was true! So we are going to set a baptismal date for her this Wednesday. They then saw a less active and her son who is 11 and not a member. New investigator! PK the son is now taking lessons in which on Friday Elder Gunnerson, the two sisters and I taught the Restoration and set a Baptismal date for August 24! Ok, back to exchanges, Elder Wilson and Bro. Martin found us a new investigator in whom we will see tomorrow! Can't wait for that. As for me, I went with Bro. Scholl and saw a recent convert who has gone less active that went pretty well and hopefully we will start seeing at church soon.
Exchanges are over now but what a day, we received 3 new investigators that day!

So the third new investigator is Dale who we got a referral from Kalispell, he just moved from there and has been taught everything but the commandments and he already as a baptismal date for August 3rd. So we taught the Word of Wisdom on Friday which will be tough for him since he smokes and drinks, so hopefully he can quit.

On Thursday we had a Zone Conference, so all the missionaries from Great Falls, Bozeman, and Helena/Butte Zone were there. Elder Burrows, Elder Landry and I celebrated our one year mark on the 11th. I can't believe I have been out that long! Crazy.

So I got a bug or something that week. On Tuesday I just had some issues all day since I was sitting on the toilet all day destroying it. I know too much info, haha. Then on Saturday I got a bug in my stomach and I threw up all day and sat on the toilet even more. So we didn't make it to church yesterday and we were supposed to give talks in 2nd ward, felt bad that we bailed out on that but I had some stomach pain. The good thing is I am feeling better now. The bad thing is we missed out on some sweet things! A member brought a family to church! A couple with 2 kids, one is Young Men age! The couple went to Gospel Essential class and asked a lot of great questions. Also the son is going to Mutual for tomorrow. What is even better is they want to feed us on Friday and take discussions even though we haven't met yet! Can't wait till Friday. This should be a very exciting week! I can definitely see the blessings in being obedient and serving the Lord!

Anyway love ya much!

Elder Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment