Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Monday, September 23, 2013

Settling Down


So this week was not as good as last week as far as teaching wise. We had our ups and downs. I guess I will share the good stuff first since we always love the good stuff anyway. So we met with one of our newer investigators that I haven't mentioned yet, but we set a date for Cassie for October 26 which we are hoping that will work out. We also saw Hannah again and she is doing awesome. In stead of doing some lesson we answered some of her questions, which lead to the word of wisdom and the law of chastity, so we got some of the commandments out of the way. I have to admit that it is always a little awkward teaching the law of chastity to someone especially if you are teaching it to someone your age, in which Hannah is 20. So yeah, at least we got that over with. Nevertheless she is solid, she wasn't able to go to church since she had a qualifier for her golf tournament that weekend, but she said she wants to come, so hopefully she comes this Sunday.

Oh, so this week the transfer took place and everybody is settling in. We helped fill in the Sisters for Helena 2nd Ward. Both Sister Nielson and Sister Aller are amazing! Sister Nielson has only been out 6 weeks and Sister Aller just came straight from the MTC. Anyway, we had them teach the Halls on Friday and they did an excellent job of it! So the Halls are being baptized this Saturday and Elder Gunnerson will be baptizing Sister Hall and I will baptize Brother Hall. Can't wait! I can't believe all the people I am baptizing here in Helena, this will be my 3rd here in Helena and my mission! I feel so blessed to be serving here in Helena. So anyway, the sisters are doing an amazing job, they went tracting on their second day here and already found 5 potential investigators! Oh, and yes the Shaws are in 4th Ward so they are in my Ward.

So I guess here come the sad news. So we saw the Bradburys with our awesome ward mission leader Bro. Schlecht on Thursday. We come to find out Sis. Bradbury only wanted to bash, or that is how Elder Gunnerson and I felt how it was. She was focusing a lot about the priesthood and quite honestly I got lost. The good thing is Elder Gunnerson and Bro. Schlecht knew what was going on. (Bro. Schlecht is becoming a chaplain for the army.) So they pretty much answered all the questions. Then on Sunday we get a call from her that she dropped us and wasn't interested anymore. However, we know that Bro. Bradbury felt the spirit and we know that he knew what we were saying is true, so we are hoping he will come around and join the church eventually.

So the Halls are amazing, they made me a loaf of zucchini bread which was delicious and I enjoyed every last bite of it! :)

That is pretty much our week. Hope your week goes well!

Elder Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment