Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stuffed like a Turkey!


Well, Thanksgiving was definitely different since being away from family. So for Thanksgiving I went to two members thanksgiving dinner. The first one was with the Dinoias at 3, they are an awesome family and enjoy being around them. Then we went to the Heileson at 5 for a second meal, and boy was I stuffed. So, Thanksgiving was pretty good, we weren't allowed to go see people since it was a Holiday, so we didn't really do much in the early afternoon, but it was a pretty good Thanksgiving.

No way! Leah got called to Colorodo, Denver Mission?!?! So when does she leave to the MTC?  That is awesome that Amaya is thinking about serving a mission too! That is great that Braden is going to Boston, Massachusetts, the last time I saw him was when I went with Brandon to see Avengers on opening night and I was able to tell him I was going to Montana, he was telling me how he was uncertain about serving a mission, I'm glad to hear that he is going on a mission. It's great to hear all these people who are deciding to serve a mission!

So, to answer your question Dad, Missoula has 4 wards, in my area I have 3 branches. The Clinton Branch, which covers East Missoula (small town 3 miles outside Missoula) all the way to Beavertail(7 miles past Clinton). I live in Clinton and we go to East Missoula everyday and they are 15 miles apart, so about 20 min. drive everyday. Then Drummond has its own branch, Drummond is 32 miles east of Clinton. Then Seeley Lake has its own Branch, which is 36 miles North of Clinton. A huge area and not enough miles to visit them, we switch from seeing Seeley Lake and Drummond once a transfer, which is unfortunate.

Transfer call is this Friday, I have grown to love my area and hoping I don't have to leave, but I don't really have a choice in that matter.

Hmm, just curious, so whats happening back home in Clovis, anything new, interesting, or exciting happening?

So, our investigators, the Spragues unfortunately went back to smoking, so we are going to recommit them to live the word of wisdom and we are going to set another baptism date for them. Not sure if I told you this yet or not, Bro. Sprague finished reading the Book of Mormon and is now rereading it. So, hopefully things will turn out for the best.

So, apparently the Sister missionaries in my zone are planning activities today and everyone in our zone will be here today, so today should be fun. I also heard that we might be getting 9 new missionaries next week. Oh ya, our message for the week was Our Life on Earth from Preach My Gospel, and we shared Alma 34:32-33. It talks about our purpose here on Earth and how we must do our labor here on Earth to prepare to meet out Heavenly Father.

Love ya!

Elder Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment