Montana Billings Mission
1848 Rimrock Rd
Billings, MT 59102

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Exchanges


So this has been a good week, except for Monday Night and Tuesday Morning. I think I got food poisoning or something because I was throwing up all night and in the morning with stomach ache. Elder McLeod was able to give me a blessing after District Meeting at noon on Tuesday and I immediately felt better which I feel like it was a miracle. Besides my stomach District Meeting was really good. As usual in Helena I kept busy with Elder McLeod and we have been giving a lot of blessings to people the past two weeks. I have probably given the same amount of blessings in Helena as from my whole mission. I always love taking part of giving a blessing.

So on Thursday I went on exchanges and I went to Lincoln which is in between Great Falls, Missoula, and Helena. I guess Helena is the closest though by a few miles. Anyway, I was with Elder Payne who is waiting for his visa to go to Brazil. He's been in Lincoln for 9 weeks now. Anyway, Lincoln is in the middle of nowhere and population of about 1200 people. Which is smaller than Thompson Falls. It was nice to live in the woods but not much work is going on there. We did some service by painting a huge shed. So I was on top of the ladder painting and Elder Payne came around the corner and scared me and I almost fell off. Ok he didn't do anything, I just didn't notice him until he spoke to me, but it was pretty funny. We also helped rake up a ton of bark from a wood pile. Lincoln is a nice little town with not much there though. Oh, we went to the library and the guy was there who tours around several states visiting libraries and he does magic tricks and encourages kids to read, however there was nobody at the library except for us and the librarian. So he had 4 people for an audience, it was interesting.

On Sunday night I came back to Helena. Then yesterday we had our Mission Tour, and Elder Mervyn Arnold from the seventy was there. So we had missionaries from Great Falls, Bozeman, and Helena Zone there. What really made me happy was all my favorite missionaries were there so I had several happy reunions. Elder Arnold spoke to us about being obedient and doing our personal as well as our companionship study. It was a really good meeting. President Mecham and Sister Mecham also spoke and that went really well. I love having mission tours.

So I just finished my P-day pretty much, I played basketball, dodgeball, and volleyball. That was way fun.

So next Monday is Transfer Call and Wednesday is actual transfer. Hopefully Elder McLeod and I stay together. That is what I'm hoping anyway. I'm doing well and enjoying my mission life. Oh, President Mecham has asked us all the missionaries to read D&C100:4-6 I think every thursday till end of next transfer which is nice. Anyway, hope you have a great week!

Elder Ashcroft

1 comment:

  1. Well now I'm curious to read D&C 100;4-6! I love that story about the guy touring libraries across the country & bet that meeting was inspired! I'm also going to google search Lincoln! haha...i am in search of my dream land! : )

    ReplyDelete